The French Cybersecurity Agency in Singapore to attend the Cyber Week [fr]
The Director General of the French Cybersecurity Agency (ANSSI), Mr Guillaume Poupard, was in Singapore on 17 and 18 September to attend the Singapore International Cyber Week. On this occasion, ANSSI and Singapore’s Cybersecurity Agency renewed their partnership by signing an extended cooperation program.
During its official visit to Singapore on 17 and 18 September, ANSSI advocated for a collective response to today’s challenges. The French cybersecurity and cyberdefence agency is convinced that addressing cybersecurity challenges in an increasingly large and complex cyberspace requires cooperation among all.
- French Ambassador Abensour and ANSSI Director General Poupard discussing how to further strengthen the cooperation in cybersecurity between France and Singapore
This meeting, which focused on strengthening cooperation with Singapore, was an opportunity for ANSSI and Mr Marc Abensour, Ambassador of France to Singapore, to discuss the implementation of the roadmap adopted on 13 July 2018 on strengthening digital innovation, Internet governance and cybersecurity.
SICW, a major international event organized by the Cyber Security Agency (CSA), brought together from 18th to 20th September State Authorities from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the rest of the world to discuss cybersecurity issues.
Speaking at the opening plenary session, ANSSI Director General, Mr Guillaume Poupard, presented the necessary conditions to build a trusted cyberspace.
The French approach is based on three pillars:
– the definition of common rules and responsibilities of state and private actors
– strengthening cooperation between major cybersecurity actors such as States, international organizations, companies, civil society,
– the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Signing Ceremony for the renewal of the Cybersecurity Cooperation Program between ANSSI and CSA, witnessed by Ministers of State Mahjoubi and Puthucheary
SICW was also the occasion for ANSSI and CSA to renew their partnership by signing an extended cooperation program, alongside Mounir Mahjoubi, Secretary of State for the Digital Sector, and Janil Puthucheary, Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Communications and Information.
With a validity period extended to five years, the program is based on the sharing of knowledge and experience in the field of :
– governance and national strategy;
– protection and defense of information systems, in particular of vital importance;
– evaluation and certification of security products;
ANSSI also participated in the industrial track of SICW, GovWare.
The main Asian digital exhibition brings together companies in the cybersecurity sector. The opportunity for ANSSI, alongside Mounir Mahjoubi, Secretary of State for Digital Technology, to meet the private cybersecurity trust service and products providers present in the France pavilion.