Now open! PHC Merlion Call for proposals [fr]
The Merlion call for proposals is open until september 15th.
This is already the 12th annual call since the launch of the Merlion Program. More than 190 bilateral collaboration projects have been funded since inception.
The PHC Merlion Program is a joint French-Singaporean collaboration, managed by the Institut Français de Singapour, in partnership with Singaporean institutions to encourage and support new scientific research development between French and Singaporean laboratories, through funding the scientists’ trip exchanges. There are three different funding opportunities:
• Merlion Project : Funding of missions between France and Singapore for researchers, post-doctoral and doctoral students involved in a joint research project.
Up to € 30 000 over two years.
• Merlion Workshop : Co-organising a workshop based on a common theme, to be held in either France or Singapore, with the aim of eventually leading to a bilateral research agreement.
Up to € 30 000.
• Merlion Ph.D : Funding of stays in France and in Singapore of up to 6 months per year (maximum 3 years) for Ph.D students from a Singaporean or French partner laboratory.
Up to € 30 000 over 3 years.
Eligibility and composition of the team: :
1. A research team affiliated with a research organization in France,
2. A research team affiliated with one of the following Singaporean partners:
• Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR),
• National University of Singapore (NUS),
• Nanyang Technological University (NTU),
• Singapore Management University (SMU),
• Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD),
3. Optional : An industrial partner to form a tripartite collaboration.
1. Read the full set of criteria in the call for proposals
2.Read the FAQ or contact our dedicated email adress:merlion(at)institutfrancais.sg
3. Download the application template here and the guideline of good practices on intellectual property here
4. Send your application to merlion(at)institutfrancais.sg (Modification allowed until 15/09/2017, make sure that your application strictly follow the call for proposal’s guidelines)
5. Results will be known in December 2017. The funding starts from January 2018.
Further information can be found here: « Merlion Documents & FAQ »