Newsletter of the French Embassy in Singapore [June 2016] [fr]
To read the previous newsletter, please click here.
- Message from the Ambassador
- French cultural Festival Voilah! 2016 in Singapore, a roaring success!
- Launch of Creative France Campaign in Singapore & Creative Next Contest
- Internationalization of the French economy in 2015: attractiveness, vibrancy and innovation
- Jean-Yves Le Drian in Singapore for the 15th Shangri-la Dialogue
- Three Singaporeans distinguished at the Residence of France
- Climate Change: Follow-up to the Paris Agreement
- Conferences on laïcité/secularism and radicalisation
- LHD Tonnerre and Frigate Guépratte make port call in Singapore
- French Lunch in a Food Court with Food Blogger Leslie Tay
The month of April began under the sign of creativity and innovation with the launch of the Créative France campaign in Singapore by Minister of State for Trade, Tourism and French citizens abroad Matthias Fekl. This campaign, which aims at enhancing the economic attractivity of France and demonstrating that our country is resolutely modern, creative, open to the outside, will continue throughout the year.
Another highlight was the 7-week long French cultural festival Voilah! 2016. From 15 April to 31 May, almost 50 events attracted more than 300 000 people. Organised by Institut Français Singapour and the French Embassy in collaboration with over 120 French and Singaporean partners, the seventh edition of Voilah! showcased the best of France’s cultural, scientific and gastronomic creativity. We hope to see you again for the next edition in 2017!
I hope you’ll enjoy this new edition of the embassy newsletter !
Ambassador of France to Singapore
The 7-week long Voilah! festival has just come to a close. Once again this year, the enthusiastic responses and attendance to the events and activities made it a success. More than 300 000 people took part in 48 events across the island.
- French Cultural Festival Voilah! 2016 back in Singapore from April 15th to May 31st!
- Opening Weekend of Voilah! 2016 Festival
- Photo album of the events
On 8 April 2016, the Creative France Campaign was officially launched in Singapore during a seminar held at the French business school ESSEC with French Minister of State for Foreign Trade, the Promotion of Tourism and French Nationals Abroad, Matthias Fekl and French Ambassador to Singapore, Benjamin Dubertret.
Stand a chance to be the next Creative France Ambassador! A contest has just been launched and will end on 1st July. As the Créative France campaign is aimed at showcasing French creativity and innovation, we are seeking French entrepreneurs/SMEs in Singapore who are constantly reinventing themselves to demonstrate unrivalled ingenuity.
A report published by Business France in March shows very strong results for 2015: 962 investment decisions from foreign companies resulting in the creation or retention of 33,682 jobs, up 27% on 2014. Exports of French goods also increased in 2015, reaching €455.1 billion. France now ranks third in the world in terms of service exporting countries.
These figures are just one of many examples of France’s international outreach. Published annually for the past 10 years, the Report on the Internationalization of the French economy focuses on French competitiveness, its opening-up to the world and its attractiveness to foreign investors. [read more...]
Jean-Yves Le Drian was in Singapore, from 3 to 5 June 2016 for the 15th edition of the Shangri-La Dialogue. The Minister of Defence spoke on security issues and prospects for French commitment in Asia-Pacific. [read more...]
- Decoration of Colonel Anil Sankar
- Decoration of Mr Khoo Boon Hui
- Lee Chee Koon, The Ascott Limited CEO, awarded Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite
A few months after the conclusion of the Paris Agreement, France stays mobilized! Several events have been organised these past months, to make sure the fight against global warming stays high on the agenda!
- Tembusu Forum on Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- Debate on Climate Change and Global Economy on CNA with Ambassador Dubertret
Several conferences have been organised by the French Embassy as part of Voilah festival with prestigious speakers such as Professor Olivier Roy and Ambassador Jean-Christophe Peaucelle.
- International Conference on State Secularism/Laïcité and Muslim Minority Integration
- Conference with Professor Olivier Roy on radicalisation in Europe
The Mistral-class landing helicopter dock (LHD) Tonnerre and the frigate Guépratte (La Fayette-type frigate) were anchored at Changi Naval Base from Sunday 24 April to Friday 29 April. Their 6-day-long stay in Singapore was part of the task force “Jeanne d’Arc 2016" which embodies perfectly the diversity of the missions that the French Navy is able to conduct within a joint and interarmed setting. [read more...]
On Thursday 19 May, French Ambassador Dubertret had lunch with Singaporean food blogger Leslie Tay in a food court where two Singaporean chefs have decided to set up ’Garçons’, a French cuisine stall with affordable prices. [read more...]