Call for artistic testimony UNESCO-MOST [fr]
UNESCO-MOST, the International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU), le Conseil International de la Philosophie et des Sciences Humaines (CIPSH), Most-Unesco & Mémoire de l’Avenir (MDA) launch a project and an open calldesigned to create a Global Movement of artists that can testify the impact of the Arts and Artists in Societies, and the importance of local initiatives on a global scheme!
GOAL: To unite artists around the world in order to demonstrate the involvement and contribution of the arts in society.
Art and culture are active agents in social, economic and political action. They speak to the solidarity between peoples, of their situations and ways of life… They have the ability to change mentalities and encourage action in every domain of society.
Artists of all forms of expressions: fine arts, photography, film, music, performances, creative writing, poetry, numerical arts, architecture, culinary artists… are invited to create a short video (1:30 max), in which they can express, in their native language, the role of artists and the Arts in Society. The video should respond to the following 3 subjects:
– The artists’ motivations
– The artists’ objectives
– The impact of their work in society
All the videos will be reviewed.
At least 1 video by country or by dialect will be presented in the space of an installation at The World Conference of the Humanities (WHC) in 2017 in Liège
195 -206 states or languages will be represented
1min30 = 292.5 minutes = approx. 5h journey around a world of artists
A larger selection of projects, together with the above first collection, will be also edited on line, constituting an active platform of exchange of resources, witnessing the richness of Cultures, ideas, engagements, expressions and actions.
If in your work QUESTIONS the social or political challenges such as ecology / nature / science / education / labor / limits and borders / migration / urban space/ collective & individual memories / the fight against all forms of inequality and discrimination / living together / women
Rules of participation:
1. All videos should be send to : email@example.com via HIGHTAIL/or/WETRANSFER
2. The video should not exceed 1 minute 30 seconds – longer videos will not be considered
3. The art work should be visible or heard in the video
4. The video can/should be creative and must be recorded in the artist’s native language with English translation (in the video or in text attached)
5. The video must be recorded in full HD format (1920x 1080), H264.mov or MP4, sound -3dBU
6. No pejorative connotations, propagandas or discriminatory statements will be accepted
7. Video must be accompanied with essential information:
• artistic medium
• a short statement
• no longer than 500 words
• 1 document of representation in English
8. Video must be FREE OF RIGHTS (Selected videos will be put online)
Deadline for submissions: 30 November 2016